Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hw. 2 Bloggers will continue to grow.

Key idea 9

The number of bloggers will continue to grow because it is a great way for people to express their feeling. For people blogging is a way that they can post, interact, respond or even argue a certain topic. It is a need for people to let out how they feel or to express a topic you would like to discuss with many people. This key idea connects with an issue of my own. Many people could argue the topic of cheerleading being or not being a sport. I haven’t blogged about this topic yet but this would be great way to start blogging for me. This is a topic that many people agree and disagree about, and me being a cheerleader myself this topic always strikes a nerve with me. I know many cheerleaders are dying to get their hands on this topic and argue it to death. I know I would. This would be a great way to finally have our voices heard.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Alex, this meets the major requirement of the assignment, which is to connect the reading to an interest of your own. (I think a blog about cheerleading would be great--many people don't realize the real athleticism and sportsmanship involved in being a cheerleader.)
Remember to give the title of the work right from the beginning of your writing, so that readers know what you're talking about (even if they haven't read the assignment):
In "From Cave Painting to Wonkette," the introduction to Blog! How the Newest Media Revolution is Changing Politics, Business, and Culture, Dan Burstein says that "The numbers of bloggers will continue to grow because the numbers of knowledge workers will continue to grow" (Kline and Burstein xxiv).