Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hw.9 Interview with Ayelet Waldman

While reading a Weblog Saved my Life Last Night, I agreed and disagreed with many things this interview states. I do indeed agree that it is a great way for women to meet other women. Waldman states that it is a great way for women to be involved in a social community especially for women who are not working. Waldman is surely right about women needing to interact with other women because, as she might not be aware, recent studies have shown women need other women in their life. I agree that you are more likely to avoid men if you go places that men would avoid. In rare cases men could always pretend to be women but I think this is the most promising way to avoid men. If she was such a popular mommy blogger I don’t think that she should have stopped. It sounds like so many people loved her blogs. I do disagree on this. I think she should have continued. I think that she could have defiantly kept blogging even though it seemed as if she was writing a novel. This is the point of blogging, your free to write whatever you want. I agree that Waldman having the suicide incident was a pretty good reason to stop, but just think if she wasn’t blogging who knows what would have happened. This proves that blogs are such great ways to express your feelings.

No comments: