Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hw 18 Sexy Anna Rexia

My least favorite post in “ the blogs I’m watching” this week is Eek, it's Sexy Anna Rexia! The link to this blog is http://www.salon.com/mwt/broadsheet/2007/10/04/anorexia/index.htm. This blog was most disturbing to me because they are basically making fun of anorexia in this article. Anorexia is a huge disease among girls especially in this day and age. I think that is absolutely horrible that someone would go as far as making a joke costume out of it. I had a friend who went through anorexia and if she ever saw someone wearing that costume it would have been extremely hard for her and have made her even more uncomfortable. I don’t think this is a very funny joke at all. “But of course, it's not supposed to be repugnant and chilling, but sexy and so, so fun” This quote is especially disturbing for me to even think that someone who is anorexic could be considered sexy.

No comments: